Charlotte Bobcats at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Sports South (Charlotte) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -2.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 16-30, 14th in the Western Conference
Charlotte Bobcats: 20-27, 8th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers 1-0 vs. Bobcats this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers are in the midst of a 5 game losing streak and 14 of their last 17 games. The Lakers have dropped to next to last place in the Western Conference, only a half game in front of last place Sacramento.
- Pau Gasol has been reminiscent of his old self since lately. Since 12/31, Pau is averaging 20.9 points per game, shooting 49.8 percent from the field and pulling down 11.7 rebounds per game.
- A player who is hotter then Pau is Charlotte’s Al Jefferson. Jefferson is averaging 26.9 points and grabbing 11.9 rebounds while shooting 55.7 percent over his last 10 games. Charlotte is 5-5 in their last 10.
- The Lakers beat the Bobcats in their meeting in Charlotte on 12/14/13, 88-85. In that game, Kobe Bryant led the team in scoring with 21 points and 8 assists. Kemba Walker led the Bobcats with 24 points and 8 assists.
- No changes to the Lakers injury report: Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry and Kobe Bryant are all out.
- Bobcats injury reports list Ben Gordon as probable for tonight game.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”