Toronto Raptors at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -7.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 31-31, 9th in the Western Conference
Toronto Raptors: 24-38, 9th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Raptors 1-0 vs. Lakers this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers avoided disaster by coming back from a 25 point deficit on Wednesday night at New Orleans, eventually beating the Hornets, 108-102. The Lakers almost missed out on an opportunity to gain a game on the 8th place Utah Jazz who lost that night to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 104-101.
- The Lakers are currently 1 1/2 games behind (2 back on the loss side) the Utah Jazz for the 8th and final playoff spot with 20 games remaining. The Lakers have a chance to pick up another game tonight with the Jazz playing in a tough place in Chicago to face the Bulls.
- Kobe Bryant had his best game of the season in the comeback win versus the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night. Kobe scored 42 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds and hit just about every big shot towards the end of the game to close out the huge comeback.
- Kobe is back to his usual aggressive offensive self; he is averaging 35.1 points and shooting 56.4% from the field in his last 7 games. The Lakers are 5-2 in that 7 game stretch.
- The Lakers have gone 14-6 since losing 4 in a row back on January 23rd. The Lakers have also won 6 of their last 8 games.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”