Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers
12:30 PM Pacific time / 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: ABC National: ABC
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 31-30, 9th in the Western Conference
Chicago Bulls: 35-27, 5th in the Eestern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Bulls 1-0 vs. Lakers this season
- Kobe Bryant has dug the Los Angeles Lakers out of some major holes in the last 2 games with back to back legendary performances of will. The Lakers fell behind by huge deficits against both New Orleans and Toronto, but were able to storm back in both games. Kobe Bryant had back to back 40+ point and 12 assists games, leading the Lakers back in each of the last 2 games.
- The Lakers have won 7 of their last 9 games and are now tied in the loss column with the 8th place Utah Jazz for the final Western Conference playoff spot. The Utah Jazz lost last night against the New York Knicks, 113-94. The Utah Jazz hold the tiebreaker over the Lakers so they’ll have to best their regular season record in order to jump the Jazz in the standings.
- The other two teams that the Lakers are chasing are also coming off losses: The 6th place Golden State Warriors have lost 2 in a row and now have 29 losses, just 2 less than the Lakers; the Houston Rockets have been playing better of late but did lose last night against the Phoenix Suns, dropping them to 30 losses which is just 1 less than the Lakers.
- To say Kobe Bryant is white hot is an understatement. He is averaging 41 points, 12 assists and 6 1/2 assists in the last 2 games. In the last 8 games, Kobe is averaging 35.9 points, 6.9 assists and shooting 55.6% from the field.
- The Chicago Bulls are in a battle for the 4th spot in the East and home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. The Bulls have been pretty mediocre since the start of February, having gone 7 and 10 in that time. The Bulls are a decent road team at 17-13; however, they have lost their last 3 on the road. The Bulls start their mini 3 game West Coast road trip today against the Lakers at Staples.
- Derrick Rose is still out as he recovers from his torn ACL in his left knee. There were reports that Rose’s return was near but as of yet nothing has been officially reported as his return this season being eminent.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”
4 thoughts on “3/10/13 Bulls at Lakers Today at 1230pm Pacific on ABC”
Who wins today?
I think the Lakers are able to ride the momentum from their last 2 come from behind wins and take this one at home. With the Jazz losing last night, that will provide that extra motivation to take this game and jump them in the standings to finally be in the top 8 in the West.
That’s what I’m thinking, good piece!
Thanks for stopping by!