Los Angeles Lakers at Toronto Raptors
10 AM Pacific time / 1 PM Eastern Time
Air Canada Centre in Toronto, ON, Canada
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -5
Los Angeles Lakers: 17-22, 11th in the Western Conference
Toronto Raptors: 14-26, 12th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Teams have met this season
- Lakers are coming off a measuring stick game where they game up short, losing to the Miami Heat, 99-90. The Lakers competed and the game was up for grabs with about 2 minutes left with the score tied at 90, but it was all Miami, their suffocating D and a whole lot of Lebron James from there.
- The Lakers have lost 4 in a row on the road, their last win on the road coming in Oakland on December 22nd when they beat the Warriors, 118-115.
- Not that the Lakers can afford to take any team for granted, the Raptors come into the game struggling, losing their last 4 games and 6 of their last 8.
- The Raptors are led by former USC Trojen, DeMar DeRozan and point guard Kyle Lowry. DeMar leads the team in scoring at 17.5 ppg and Lowry is averaging 14.4 ppg and leads the team in assist with 6.1 a game.
- The Raptors will be without their sweet shooting big man, Andrea Bargnani, until at least late January with an elbow injury.
- The Lakers come in today’s’ game with a relatively healthy roster. The big 4 will all suit up for today’s game. Steve Blake is still out while he recovers from an abdominal tear and it is uncertain when he will be able to return. Jordan Hill is out for the year with a hip injury.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”