Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: None National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +10.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-34, 14th in the Western Conference
Oklahoma City Thunder: 42-12, 1st in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Thunder are 1-0 versus the Lakers this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers are having enough problems, dealing with massive amount of injuries that has decimated their roster and on losing, they now have to face the best team in the NBA tonight, the Oklahoma City Thunder. Oh, and that team just happens to have the best player in the game right now, Kevin Durant.
- To say Kevin Durant is on a scorching hot streak would be a monumental understatement. Durant is coming off scoring 36 points and 10 rebounds in a win 98-95 win in Portland on Tuesday and 41 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists in a win at home against the New York Knicks on Sunday. Durant currently leads the league in scoring at 31.2 points per game and in PER at 30.9. Durant has been even better in his last 21 games where he is averaging 35.2 points per game and shooting 53 percent from the field.
- Thunder come in to tonight’s game having won 14 of their last 16 games, including the last 2. They are on the 2nd game of a short 3 game road trip before the All-Star Break.
- Serge Ibaka and guard Reggie Jackson have stepped up to fill Russell Westbrook’s scoring punch. Since Westbrook played his last game on 12/25, Ibaka and Jackson have averaged 15.9 and 14.7 points per game, respectively.
- Lakers injury report: The Lakers will be without Kobe Bryant (knee), Xavier Henry (knee), Jordan Farmar (hamstring), Pau Gasol (groin), Nick Young (knee) and Jodie Meeks (ankle.) Steve Nash is doubtfull for tonight’s game with continued nerve irritation.
- Thunder injury report: Russell Westbrook is out (knee surgery.)
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter