Los Angeles Lakers at Philadelphia 76ers
4:00 PM Pacific time / 7:00 PM Eastern Time
Wells Fargo Center, in Philadelphia, PA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast SportsNet (Philadelphia) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +3
Los Angeles Lakers: 17-32, 13th in the Western Conference
Philadelphia 76ers: 15-35, 13th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Philadelphia is 1-0 over Lakers this season.
- The Lakers snapped their season long 7 game losing streak with their 119-108 win against hapless Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. Even with their last win, the Lakers have been struggling, having gone 4-19 since 12/21/13 which is last in the NBA during that span.
- The Lakers have been decimated by injuries this season, so much so that they literally ran out of players in their last game versus Cleveland. Without any able bodies available after Robert Sacre picked up his 6th foul, he was allowed to stay in the game, assessing the Lakers a technical foul. The Lakers would have been charged with a technical foul with each subsequent foul by Sacre, but he was able to remain foul free the rest of the game.
- Steve Nash will return to action today after being held out of the Cleveland game on Wednesday as a means of bringing the 40 year old along slowly.
- Lakers signed forward Shawne Williams to a 10 day contract. Williams was playing for the Lakers D-League affiliate team, the Los Angeles D-fenders where he averaged 19.5 points and 5.8 rebounds per game in 4 games. The Lakers waived Williams on January 7, 2014.
- The 76ers beat the Lakers in their first match up in Los Angeles on 12/29/13, 111 to 104. Thaddeus led the 76ers in scoring with 25 points with Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes following close behind with 22 and 19 respectively. Nick Young led the Lakers in scoring with 26 points off the bench and got to the line an impressive 12 times, converting on all of them.
- Lakers Injury Report: Out: Nick Young (knee), Kobe Bryant (knee), Pau Gasol (groin), Xavier Henry (knee), Jodie Meeks (ankle). Questionable: Jordan Hill (Head). Probable: Jordan Farmar (Hamstring/cramps)
- 76ers Injury Report: Out: Nerlens Noel (knee), Jason Richardson (knee). Probable: Michael Carter-Williams (shoulder)
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”