Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
5:00 PM Pacific time / 8:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Center in Minneapolis, MN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports North Plus (Minneapolis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +10.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 16-31, 13th in the Western Conference
Minnesota Timberwolves: 23-24, 11th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): 1-1
- Despite the Lakers losing 15 of their last 18 games, their plight to the bottom of the conference is being met with resistance by some other futile performances. The Lakers are currently 13th in the West, a half game ahead of both the Sacramento Kings and Utah Jazz who are both 16-32. Both of the current Western Conference cellar dwellers are idle tonight; a Lakers’ loss tonight will put them in a 3 way tie for last place.
- The Lakers might get some much needed help today, with Steve Nash and Steve Blake probable for tonight’s game. Jordan Farmar is also close to returning but is not expected to play in tonight’s game. Kobe Bryant, Xavier Henry and now you can add Pau Gasol as all being ruled out of tonight’s game.
- The Wolves have lost their last 2 games after a stretch of winning 4 of 5 games.
- Kevin Love did everything in his power to help the Wolves win in their last game, a 120-113 loss to the Hawks in Atlanta. Love scored 43 points and pulled down 19 rebounds in the loss to the Hawks. In Love’s last 3 games he is averaging 33.6 points and 16.3 rebounds per game.
- Wolves starting center, Nikola Pekovic, is out with bursitis in his right ankle. Pekovic has been solid for the Wolves, averaging 18 points and 9.1 rebounds per game. Former Lakers, Rony Turief has been filling in at center for the Wolves.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”