Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Indiana (Indianapolis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +9.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 16-29, 13th (Tied w/ Utah Jazz) in the Western Conference
Indiana Pacers: 34-9, 1st in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Teams have not played each other this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers return home after a long and disappointing 7 game road trip where they went 2 and 5.
- The Lakers plight to the lower rungs of the NBA continues as they find themselves just a half game ahead of the Sacramento Kings for last place in the Western Conference.
- Conversely, the Indiana Pacers continue to play stellar ball; they come in with the best record in the NBA, a half game ahead of the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Pacers are almost unbeatable at home where they’ve built a 21-1 record and while they haven’t fared quite as well on the road where they are 13-8. Pacers’ road record is still good enough for 5th best in the NBA.
- The Pacers stop in Los Angeles will be their last on their current 5 game road trip. Pacers are currently 2-2 on their current trip, including a 109-96 defeat to the Denver Nuggets in their last game on Saturday.
- Lakers will face by far the toughest defensive team in the league tonight. Pacers top the rankings in almost all defensive categories: 1st in Opponents Field Goal Percentage 41.3%, Opponents Points Per Game 90.2 and Defensive Rating 93.9.
- Lakers are highly dependent on the 3 point shot: Lakers get 29.2 points per game from their 3 point shots which ranks 5th in the league; those 29.2 points account for 27.7% of their scoring output which ranks 1st in the NBA .
- Problem for a team dependent on the 3 is that they face the Pacers tonight who are the toughest at defending the 3 point shot: tied for 1st in Opponents 3pt% at 33.3% and 1st in the least amount of 3 point shots given up this season (259.)
- The Lakers will be without Xavier Henry, Steve Blake, Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Jordan Farmar. Jodie Meeks is listed as probable for tonight’s game.
- The Indiana Pacers have no players listed on their injury report.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”