Cleveland Cavaliers at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +2
Los Angeles Lakers: 14-23, 13th in the Western Conference
Cleveland Caviliers: 13-24, 11th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Teams have not played each other this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers come in losers of 4 in a row and 10 of their last 11. The Lakers have plummeted in the standings to 13th place in the conference where they are just a few percentage points ahead of the surging Sacrament Kings who have won 3 in a row.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers are also struggling, having lost 11 of their last 16; however, they were on a short lived winning streak of 3 before it was broken in their last game, a loss to the streaking Sacramento Kings on Sunday.
- The Cavs acquired Luol Deng in a trade with the Chicago Bulls for a mopping Andrew Bynum on 1/6/14. Deng made his debut in a Cavs uniform on 1/10/14 in a win against the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City. In 2 games, Deng is averaging 11 points, 3 rebounds and shooting 47.4 percent from the field in a little more than 22 minutes per game.
- The Lakers and Cavs come in to tonight’s game having lost their last game by a combined 80 points. The Lakers lost to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday by 36 points (123-87) and the Cavs lost to the Kings by 44 points on Sunday (124-80).
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”