Los Angeles Lakers at Portland Trailblazers
7 PM Pacific time / 10 PM Eastern Time
Rose Garden in Portland, OR
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 41-37, 8th in the Western Conference
Portland Trailblazers: 33-44, 11th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 2-1 vs. Blazers this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers reclaimed the 8th and final spot by winning at home against the New Orleans Hornets last night, 104-96 and with the Utah Jazz losing their home game to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 90-80. The Lakers are again in control of their own destiny. If they win out in their final 4 games they will be a playoff participant, regardless of what Utah Jazz does in their final 3 games.
- The final four games on the Los Angeles Lakers schedule are difficult ones: tonight at Portland, Friday vs. the Golden State Warriors, Sunday vs. the San Antonio Spurs and closing out the season on Tuesday against the Houston Rockets. The final 3 games will all be at home.
- Kobe Bryant is in full on playoff mode; he showed that again with his 4th quarter performance to help carry the Lakers to a victory over a very feisty New Orleans Hornets team. Kobe Bryant scored 23 of his 30 points in the 4th quarter of yesterday’s victory.
- Steve Nash is doubtful for tonight’s game with an injured hamstring.
- The Lakers are 2 and 1 against the Portland Trailblazers this season and are getting them at a good time as they come in to tonight’s game having lost 8 in a row. However, the Lakers always have a hard time in Portland: They’ve lost 3 in row and 12 of their last 14 games at the Rose Garden.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”