Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -9
Los Angeles Lakers: 36-33, 8th in the Western Conference
Washington Wizards: 24-43, 11th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 1-0 vs. Wizards this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off a bad,99-76, loss in Phoenix who are one of the worse teams in the NBA. Granted, the Lakers were without both Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and playing on the 2nd night of a back to back, it was still a game pegged as a certain win on their remaining schedule.
- Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are expected back for tonight’s game against the Wizards. It was reported in the L.A Times that both Kobe and Pau participated in practice and full speed scrimmages and should be ready to go for Friday’s game, per coach Mike D’Antoni.
- The foursome of Kobe, Pau, Dwight and Steve Nash haven’t seen much playing time together this season and is a big reason for the Lakers not quite meeting expectations of a championship contending team. All four are expected to be on the court tonight, however, it is unlikely that all four will start. The last time all four future Hall of Fame players have been on the court together was on January 30th, which was a loss to the Phoenix Suns.
- The Lakers are starting to create some distance from the Utah Jazz in the playoff standings, mainly due to Utah’s poor play of late. The Utah Jazz have lost the last 2 games and 7 of their last 10; they are now 1 and 1/2 games back of the Lakers for the 8th and final playoff spot.
- The Lakers surge back to playoff contention is not just due to the Jazz falling back. The Lakers are 19-8 in their last 27 games which includes big wins at Indiana, at Brooklyn and home wins against Boston and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”