New Orleans Hornets at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA TV
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -4
Los Angeles Lakers: 19-25, 10th in the Western Conference
New Orleans Hornets: 15-29, 14th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 1-0 vs. Hornets this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off their best win of the season; a 105-96 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Lakers are currently on a 2 game winning streak.
- Kobe Bryant has a combined 28 assists over the last 2 games. Kobe Bryant did not have a double digit assist game all of last season and has not had consecutive games of 10 or more assist since February of 2011.
- The last time Kobe Bryant had 10 or more assist in 3 consecutive games was against the Phoenix Suns in games 2 through 4 of the 2010 Western Conference Finals.
- The Lakers are making their slow climb back to playoff contention. The Lakers are currently 4 1/2 games behind Houston and Utah for the final playoff spots.
- Steve Blake will make his return from his abdominal injury in tonight’s game against the New Orleans Hornets. Steve Blake last played on November 11th.
- While the New Orlean Hornets sit near the bottom of the Western Conference standings, they come in to tonight’s game playing much better than their record will indicate. The Hornets come in winners of 8 of their last 12 games and an impressive victory over the Grizzlies at Memphis on Sunday.
- The Lakers beat the Hornets, 103-87, back on December 5th; however, both of the Hornets young stars, Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon did not play. Both Davis and Gordon are expected to play in tonight’s game.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”