Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: ESPN
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +6 (was +8 1/2 this morning)
Los Angeles Lakers: 15-20, 11th in the Western Conference
Oklahoma City Thunder: 27-8, 2nd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Thunder 1-0 vs. Lakers this season
- Lakers have lost 5 in a row and have dropped 5 full games behind the Denver Nuggets for the 8th and final playoff spot.
- The Lakers will again be without the front court trio of Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Jordan Hill.
- Earl Clark was impressive in his last game, scoring a career high 22 points and grabbing 13 rebounds. It was announced today that he will start at forward for the Lakers.
- The Thunder beat the Lakers 114-108 in their only match up this season on 12/7/12 in Oklahoma City.
- The Thunder haven’t been their normal dominate self lately. Following their 12 game winning streak they’ve gone 6-4 and 3-3 in their last 6 road games. Overall, the Thunder are a decent 9-5 on the road.
- In the 12/7/12 loss to the Thunder, Kobe led the Lakers in scoring with 35 points and dished out 7 assists. Dwight Howard had one of his best games of the year against the Thunder with 23 points and 18 rebounds.
- The Thunder stars killed the Lakers in their last meeting with Durant and Westbrook combining t score 69 points.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”