Los Angeles Lakers at San Antonio Spurs
5:00 PM Pacific time / 8:00 PM Eastern Time
AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: ESPN
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +13.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 15-19, 11th in the Western Conference
San Antonio Spurs: 27-10, 2nd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Spurs 1-0 vs. the Lakers this season.
- Lakers are spriling downward at a rapid pace this season. They’ve lost 5 of their last 6 and have dropped to 4 games back of the 8th and final playoff spot in the West.
- The Spurs have won 10 straight games at home and are 14-2 overall at home this season.
- Kobe Bryant is coming off a game where he scored 20 points against the Houston Rockets, modest by his standards. Kobe had gone 17 straight games with scoring 27 or more before last night.
- The Lakers will be again without their 3 best big men, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill. Steve Blake is also still out due to injury.
- To show just how much the Lakers have fallen, the line in this game has the Lakers as 13 1/2 point underdogs.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”