Los Angeles Lakers at Golden State Warriors
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Oracle Arena in Oakland, California
TV: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -1
Los Angeles Lakers: 12-14, 11th in the Western Conference
Golden State Warriors: 18-9, 5th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 1-0 vs. Warriors this season.
- Lakers won the 11/9 match up against the Warriors at Staples 101-77. That game was the 1st after the Mike Brown dismissal and 1st game with Bernie Bickerstaff as interim head coach.
- Steve Nash is nearing return and there is a possibility that he’ll suit up tonight but his likely return will come on Christmas Day when the Lakers match up against the New York Knicks at Staples.
- The Lakers have won 3 in a row and are looking to extend their winning streak to a season high 4 games.
- Kobe has scored 30 or more points in 7 straight games. The Lakers are 3-4 in those games.
- The Warriors are off to a surprisingly impressive start at 18-9 and in the 5th spot in the Western Conference. They have won 11 of their last 14 games and 5 of their last 6 at home.
- David Lee is having a superb year for the Warriors. Lee is coming in to tonight’s game averaging 20 points and 11.2 rebounds per game. He is coming off of a triple double against the Charlotte Bobcats Friday night.
- David Lee won player of the week honors for the week of 12/10/12 through 12/16/12 with averages 22.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg and shot .606 from the field.
– Fern Rea “@raining3sdotcom”, “@fullcourtfern”, “facebook.com/raining3s”