The Lakers pulled out a win in a roller coaster of game Tuesday night against the Charlotte Bobcats at Staples Center. The Lakers fell behind quickly to the Bobcats but were able recover and lead by 2 at the end of the 1st quarter. The Lakers extended their lead to as much as 10 in the 2nd quarter but it started to go down hill from there. The Bobcats took a 5 point lead into half time.
The Bobcats continued their roll in the 3rd quarter. Former Laker Ramon Sessions hit a 3 pointer at the 6:07 mark in the 3rd quarter to extend the Bobcats’ lead to 18 which was their largest of the game.
The Lakers make a blistering come back by going on a 28 to 4 run and were able to take over the lead in the 4th. Kobe Bryant hit a 19 foot jumper with 52 seconds remaining to put the Lakers up for good. The Bobcats had a few chances to steal the game in their final possession by beating the Lakers on the glass and getting 3 shots up, but they were unable to knock any of them down.
- Kobe ended the night with 30 points which marks the 7th straight game in which Kobe scores 30 or more.
- Gasol returned to the line up for the 1st time since December 2nd. Pau played solid in his return, scoring 10 points, grabbing 9 rebounds and dishing out 5 assist.
- Dwight Howard pulled down 18 rebounds and 9 on the offensive end. Dwight also scored 16 points.
- The Lakers have won 3 games in row, matching their longest winning streak of the season.
- Kemba Walker led the Bobcats in scoring with 28 points. Byron Mullens led the Bobcats in rebounding with 17.
- Former Laker point guard Ramon Sessions had a very good showing against his former team, scoring 20 points and 6 assist.
- The Lakers next game will not be until Saturday when they’ll play the Golden State Warriors in Oakland.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”