Los Angeles Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: None National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +10.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 21-40, 14th in the Western Conference (tied with Utah)
Los Angeles Clippers: 42-20, 4th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Series tied 1-1 this season
- It seems like a lifetime ago that the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 116-103. Both teams have gone in completely different directions since that October 29th game.
- The Lakers’ defense has been horrible all year, but it has been especially bad in the last 6 games, giving up 115.7 points per game during that span.
- Clippers are on a major roll, coming in on a 5 game winning streak and just a 1/2 game behind the Houston Rockets for the 3rd spot int he Western Conference.
- Danny Granger made his debut for the Clippers on Tuesday, but went scoreless in just 4 minutes of playing time.
- Blake Griffin has taken his game to a new level this year, especially after Chris Paul went down with injury. Griffin was named Western Conference Player of the Month for February after averaging 30 points and 10.7 rebounds for the month. This is Griffin’s first Player of the Month recognition; previously, he had been named player of the week 3 times.
- The Clippers will be without guards Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick.
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter