Brooklyn Nets at Los Angeles Lakers
6:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes, YES Network National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +2.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 19-36, 13th in the Western Conference (tied with Sacramento and Utah)
Brooklyn Nets: 25-28, 8th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers are 1-0 versus the Nets this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off of a spirited win against the Boston Celtics on Friday, where they got a huge lift off he bench from newly acquired Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks.
- Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks scored 29 points combined in their debut, but it was their energy on the court that sparked the Lakers.
- The Lakers will have a surplus of guards at their disposal Sunday as Nick Young returns from injury.
- MarShon Brooks returns to the team that drafted him, then traded him away after just 1 and 1/2 seasons. Brooks had a very good rookie campaign, scoring 12.6 points in 29.4 minutes per game. Brooks then bounced around, from Boston, Golden State and now Los Angeles.
- The New Jersey Nets have lost 11 straight games against the Lakers, including a 99-94 loss to the Lakers in Brooklyn back in late November. Nick Young led the Lakers in scoring with 26 points in the win over the Nets.
- Deron Williams missed the first match up against the Lakers but he is back now, only he’s not playing like the Williams we remember for Utah. Williams is averaging 13.6 points and 6.6 assists per game this season.
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter