Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers
12:30 PM Pacific time / 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: None National: ABC
Line: Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-32, 13th in the Western Conference
Chicago Bulls: 24-25, 6th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Bulls are 1-0 versus the Lakers this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers return home after a successful mini 3 game road trip where they went 2-1.
- Steve Nash celebrated his 40th birthday on Friday and showed the Philadelphia 76ers that he still has quite bit of game left. Nash scored 19 points in route to a 112-98 victory over the 76ers. Nash also put a nice cross over move on 76ers guard, Evan Turner.
- The Bulls game will be the start of a 6 game home stand for the Lakers. The Lakers will face the Jazz, Thunder, Rockets, Celtics and close out their home stand against the Nets. The Lakers wont go out on the road until February 25th when the visit the Indiana Pacers to start a 2 game road trip.
- In complete contrast to the Lakers, the Bulls are finishing up their 6 game road trip with their game in Los Angeles on Sunday. The Bulls are 2-3 on their trip and will be looking to get .500 with a win on Sunday.
- Bulls have had plenty of time to rest as they haven’t played since Thursday when they lost 102-87 in Oakland against the Golden State Warriors.
- The Bulls haven’t had much success when playing the Lakers in Los Angeles where they have lost 13 of their last 16 meetings.
- The Bulls beat the Lakers in their last meeting in Chicago on a last second layup by Taj Gibson, putting the Bulls up for good, 102-100.
- The Lakers will need to find an answer for Bulls’ guard DJ Augustin who lit the Lakers defense up for 27 points, which included 5 three pointers.
- Pau Gasol led the Lakers in their last match up with the Bulls, scoring 20 points and nabbing 19 rebounds.
- Lakers Injury Report: Pau Gasol (groin), Kobe Bryant (knee), Jordan Farmar (hamstring), Jodie Meeks (ankle), Nick Young (knee) are all out for Sunday’s game.
- Bulls Injury Report: Derrick Rose (knee) and Tornike Shengelia (Personal matters) are out, Carlos Boozer (calf) is probable.
Follow the game and get updates from the game from Lakers’ beat writers:
Official Lakers Reporter for the Los Angeles Lakers and Lakers.com:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”