Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -6.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 42-37, 8th in the Western Conference
Golden State Warriors: 45-34, 11th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 2-1 vs. Warriors this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers come in winners of their last 2 games and 5 of their last 6. With the Utah Jazz right on their heels for the 8th and final playoff spot, they’ll need to continue with their winning ways. The Lakers are currently 1 game up on the Jazz with 3 games remaining for both teams. The Utah Jazz play the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight in Utah.
- Kobe Bryant was magnificent in win over the Portland Trailblazers on Wednesday; scoring 47 points, grabbing 8 rebounds, dishing out 5 assists, had 4 blocks and 3 steals, while playing all 48 minutes of the game. Kobe was efficient from the field, shooting 14-27, but was perfect from the free throw line, making all of his 18 from the charity stripe. Lakers are hoping they won’t need another all around performance from Kobe the rest of the way, but it sure is good to know its available if needed.
- Steve Nash is questionable for tonight’s game with a lingering hamstring injury.
- The Lakers have had much success against the Golden State Warriors; they have won 18 of their last 20 versus the Warriors.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”