Los Angeles Lakers at Orlando Magic
4 PM Pacific time / 7 PM Eastern Time
Amway Center in Orlando, FL
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -8
Los Angeles Lakers: 33-31, 9th in the Western Conference
Orlando Magic: 18-46, 14th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Magic 1-0 vs. Lakersthis season
- The Los Angeles Lakers held the 8th spot in the playoffs for all of one day. The Utah Jazz beat the Detroit Pistons Monday night, 103-90, regaining their position as the final bearer of the last playoff spot in the West. The Jazz and Lakers have an identical 33-31 record, but the Jazz hold the tie breaker over the Lakers as a result of their 2 to 1 season series lead.
- Kobe Bryant’s continues to rack up the accolades in this remarkable season as he was just named player of the week for games from March 4th through March 10th by the NBA. Kobe Bryant averaged 33 points, 8.8 assists and 5.8 rebounds while the Lakers went 3 and 1 in that span. Kobe Bryant is coming off being named Western Conference Player of the Month for February.
- The Lakers are playing the best ball of the season, they’ve won 3 in a row and 8 of their last 10.
- Dwight Howard returns to Orlando for the first time in a Lakers jersey. Dwight Howard put the Orlando Magic organization and city through a tumultuous season last year that included the firing of head coach Stan Van Gundy and the eventual trading of Dwight to the Lakers after the Magic’s attempts to have Dwight reconsider to sign with the team failed. The Orlando crowd has been waiting all season to unload on Dwight for holding the team hostage last season and will most certainly make the most of their one opportunity by making Dwight know how they feel.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”