(Photo via USA Today)
Los Angeles Lakers at Dallas Mavericks
5:30 PM Pacific time / 8:30 PM Eastern Time
American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Foxsports Southwwest (Dallas) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +12
Los Angeles Lakers: 9-20, 13th in the Western Conference
Dallas Mavs: 20-10, 6th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other: Lakers are 0-1 versus the Mavs this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles), Kobe Bryant (fatigue)
Probable: Dirk Nowitzki (illness), Monte Ellis (illnes)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Lakers will be without Kobe Bryant for the 3rd straight game due to fatigue. The Lakers are currently 1-1 without Bryant.
- Dirk Nowitzki and Monte Ellis missed shootaround as they battled an illness but both are expected to play Friday night against the Lakers.
- The Lakers want to forgot their last match-up against the Mavs where they were thoroughly embarrassed in the 140 to 106 loss. In that game the Mavs shot 62 percent from the field including 18 for 35 from 3. The Mavs had 8 players score in double figures and 3 reaching the 20 point mark.
- The Mavs acquired point guard Rajon Rondo in a trade with the Boston Celtics but it hasn’t paid dividends as of yet. The Mavs are 1-2 since their acquisition of Rondo who is averaging 10.7 points, 9.3 assists and shooting 37.5 percent from the field in that span.
- The Lakers enter today’s game at 9-20. The Lakers were 13-16 through 29 games last season.