(Photo: Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports)
Los Angeles Lakers at Sacramento Kings
3:00 PM Pacific time / 6 :00 PM Eastern Time
Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast Sportsnet (Sacramento) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +7.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 8-18, 13th in the Western Conference
Sacramento Kings: 11-15, 12th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other: Lakers are 1-0 versus the King this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Probable: Wesley Johnson (ankle)
Questionable: Ramon Sessions (back)
Probable: Reggie Evans (knee), Omri Casspi (knee), DeMarcus Cousins (illness)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Thunder game was up for grab for the Lakers but Kobe Bryant missed a 17 footer at the buzzer that would have won the game; instead, the shot hit the front of the rim and Lakers lost 104-103.
- DeMarcus Cousins returned on Thursday after 3 weeks of being out with viral meningitis and played well despite the loss to the Bucks. Cousins played 33 minutes and scored 27 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and registered 5 assists.
- The Sacramento Kings come in losers of 5 in a row and the Lakers have lost their last 2 games.
- The Lakers won their last match-up versus the Kings on 12/9 in Los Angeles, winning 98-95. Cousins did not play and Bryant scored 32 points to lead the Lakers.
- Bryant ranks 3rd in the NBA in scoring with his 24.6 points per game average; however, this scoring and efficiency has taken a hit in the last 4 games. Bryant is averaging 19.5 points and shooting a horrid 30.1 percent from the field in the last 4 games.