(Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY )
Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10 :30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Oklahoma (Oklahoma City) National: ESPN
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +6
Los Angeles Lakers: 8-17, 13th in the Western Conference
Oklahoma City Thunder: 12-14, 10th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Pacers last season and have yet to play them this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Out: Mitch McGary (tibia), Kevin Durant (ankle)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Thunder are far from a typical 10th seeded team in the Western Conference. The Thunder had won 7 in a row until their streak was snapped on Thursday against the Golden State Warriors who won 114-109.
- The Thunder are 7-2 since Kevin Durant returned from injury and 8-2 since Russell Westbrook returned.
- Westbrook hasn’t missed a beat since his return. Westbrook is averaging 28.3 points, 7.3 assists and shooting 48.7 percent in his 10 games since his return.
- The Lakers might get a break if Kevin Durant is unable to suit up for Friday’s game. Durant went down in Thursday’s game against the Warriors with what the Thunder are calling a minor ankle sprain. Durant did not return to the game and is listed as probable for Friday’s game versus the Lakers.
- The Lakers were embarrassed by the Indiana Pacers on Sunday, losing 110-91. The Lakers were historically bad in the 1st half, shooting 16 percent from the field and scoring a total of 27 points.
- Despite the loss to the Pacers it capped off an overall successful 3 game road trip where the Lakers went 2-1.