(Photo via http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/)
Los Angeles Lakers at Indiana Pacers
4:00 PM Pacific time / 7 :00 PM Eastern Time
Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Indiana (Indianapolis) National: NBA TV
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +5
Los Angeles Lakers: 8-16, 13th in the Western Conference
Indiana Pacers: 7-17, 11th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 0-2 versus the Pacers last season and have yet to play them this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Out: Paul George (leg)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- Kobe Bryant and the Lakers can put the whole chasing Micheal Jordan for 3rd place on the all-time scoring list behind them and focus on a playoff push.
- The Lakers come in riding a 3 game winning streak and have a good chance to extend it facing a Pacers team that has lost 8 games in a row.
- Carlos Boozer has been a big reason why the Lakers are on their current streak; the Booz is averaging 17 points on 59 percent shooting and pulling down 11.7 rebounds during their 3 game winning streak.
- The Lakers rank 9th in the NBA in scoring, averaging 102.6 points per game.
- The Pacers are one of the worst teams in scoring this season, averaging 93.2 points per game which ranks 29th in the NBA.
- During the Pacers 8 game losing streak they are getting outscored 10.1 points per game and shooting a poor 40.9 percent from the field.