(Photo: VINCENT LAFORET/AFP/Getty Images)
Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
4:00 PM Pacific time / 7 :00 PM Eastern Time
Target Center in Minneapolis, MN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports North (Minneapolis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -3
Los Angeles Lakers: 7-16, 13th in the Western Conference
MInnesota Timberwolves: 6-17, 15th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Wolves last season and 0-1 this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Out: Ricky Rubio (ankle)
Questionable: Mo Williams (back)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- Kobe Bryant comes into Sunday’s match-up against the Minnesota Timberwolves with 32,284 career points which currently ranks him 4th on the NBA’s All-Time scoring list and i points behind Micheal Jordan.
- Bryant only needs 9 more points to pass Micheal Jordan for 3rd on the NBA All-time scoring list.
- The Lakers lost the last meeting to the Timberwolves 120-119 on 11/28.
- In their last meeting rookie Zach LaVine erupted for 28 points on 11 for 14 from the field.
- Bryant had a chance to win the game against the Wolves but his straight away three-pointer rimmed out as time expired.
- The Lakers have played markedly better since Nick Young has returned to the line up and provided that additional scoring punch off the bench. The Lakers are 6-7 since Young as returned and have won their last 2 games including an impressive upset victory over the defending champs San Antonio Spurs in their home arena.