(Photo: Mike Lawrie/Getty Images)
Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics
4:30 PM Pacific time / 7:30 PM Eastern Time
TD Garden in Boston, MA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast Sportsnet Northeast (Boston) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 3.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 5-14, 14th in the Western Conference
Boston Celtics: 5-11, 11th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 2-0 versus the Celtics last season and yet to play this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Out: Victor Faverani (knee)
Probable: Marcus Smart (ankle)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off a disappointing 111-95 loss to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday but are a modest 1-1 on their current road trip and have played better of late, having gone 4-5 in their last 9 games.
- Kobe Bryant remains atop the NBA in scoring with his 26 points per game average, followed closely by Anthony Davis who is averaging 25.2 points per game.
- Bryant is 98 points from tying Michael Jordan for 3rd place on the NBA All-Time scoring list with 32,292 points. At Bryant’s current scoring average he would surpass Jordan’s point total on Friday December 12 at San Antonio against the Spurs.
- We could be in for a dueling layup drill with these two teams who struggle to keep teams out of the paint. The Los Angeles Lakers rank 28th in opponents points in the paint by giving up 26.8 per game but the Boston Celtics are even worse, giving up 49.6 points in the paint to opponents which ranks last in the NBA.
- The Lakers have been knocking down shots from deep of late. In the last 3 games the Lakers are averaging 10.7 three-point makes per game while shooting them at a 45.7 percent clip which would rank 5th and 2nd in the league, respectively, during that same span.
- The Boston Celtics are coming off a 109-102 overtime win against the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday, but wins have been hard to come by prior to that, having lost 8 of their previous 9 games.