(Photo: John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
Los Angeles Lakers at Washington Wizards
4:00 PM Pacific time / 7:00 PM Eastern Time
Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast Sportsnet (Washington, D.C) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 8.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 5-13, 14th in the Western Conference
Washington Wizards: 11-5, 2nd in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 0-2 versus the Wizards last season and yet to play this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Out: Nene (foot), Martell Webster (back)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- Los Angeles Lakers have won 2 in a row and face another Eastern Conference opponent in which they are 4-0 against this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers are 4 and 4 in their last 8 games and playing much better on the offensive end, averaging 107.4 points per game in that span which ranks 6th in the NBA.
- Much of the credit for the improved play by the Lakers is due to Jordan Hill; in the last 8 games Hill is averaging 15 points and 10 rebounds while shooting 54 percent from the field.
- Kobe Bryant continues to lead the league in scoring with his 25.8 points per game average.
- The Lakers face John Wall of the Wizards who currently ranks 4th in the NBA in assists with 9.3 apg and 3rd in steals with 2.3 spg. Wall killed the Lakers last season, averaging 29.5 points on 54 percent shooting, adding 11.5 assists and 2.5 steals in 2 games.
- Nene of the Wizards will not play tonight due to a foot injury which is good news for the Lakers. Nene scored 30 points in his lone game versus the Lakers last season.