(Photo: AP Photo)
Los Angeles Lakers at Detroit Pistons
4:30 PM Pacific time / 7:30 PM Eastern Time
Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, MI
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Detroit (Detroit) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 2
Los Angeles Lakers: 4-13, 15th in the Western Conference
Detroit Pistons: 3-14, 14th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 2-0 versus the Pistons last season and yet to play this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- Los Angeles start a mini 3 game road trip starting in Detroit against the Pistons who are one of the few teams against which the Lakers experienced success last season, winning in both of their match-ups.
- The Lakers might be a very poor 3-14 on the season which places them last in the Western Conference; however, they are a perfect 3-0 against teams from the East and they have a great chance to keep that record perfect today against the Pistons who have lost 8 in a row.
- The Lakers have won four in a row and 9 of the last 10 games against the Pistons.
- The Lakers’ offense seems to be meshing of late; in the last 7 games the Lakers are averaging 107.6 points per game which ranks 6th in the NBA in that span and are shooting 46.8 % from the field which ranks 7th.
- The Lakers are 3 and 4 in their last 7 games.
- Coinciding with the better play of late is a slight increase in Kobe Bryant’s shooting efficiency which has been criticized; Bryant is shooting 41.6% in the last 7 games.