(Photo via www.rsvlts.com)
Memphis Grizzlies at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports South (Memphis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 6.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 3-11, 14th in the Western Conference
Memphis Grizzlies: 12-2,1st in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Grizzlies last season and 0-1 this season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Xavier Henry (Achilles)
Questionable: Carlos Boozer (shoulder)
Probable: Ed Davis (ankle)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Lakers played the Grizzlies surprisingly tough in their last meeting on November 11, being edged out by a score of 107-102.
- The Lakers had a chance to tie the game on November 11th only down 3 (105-102) with 30 seconds left in regulation but Jordan Hill missed a jumper and the Grizz secured the rebound and the win.
- Marc Gasol only scored 8 points in the last match up against the Lakers but has been on fire as of late, averaging 31 points and shooting 65 percent from the field in the last 2 games.
- The Lakers will face one of the league’s stingiest defenses in the Memphis Grizzlies who currently rank 3rd in fewest opponents points per game allowed at 92.4 and 4th in defensive rating at 97.9.
- Zach Randolph is 3rd in the NBA with 11.8 rebounds per game, behind DeMarcus Cousins and Nikola Vucevic.
- Marc Gasol leads the Grizzlies in scoring at 19.9 points per game.
- Kobe Bryant is the leading scorer in the NBA with his 26.7 points per game average. Anthony Davis is 2nd with 25.4 ppg and James Harden is 3rd with 25.2 ppg.
- Jordan Hill is now raised his season averages to a double-double with 13.9 points and 10 rebounds per game average.
- The Lakers will get Thanksgiving off before facing the Minnesota Timberwolves at Staples on Friday.