(Photo: Troy Babbitt-USA TODAY Sports)
Denver Nuggets at Los Angeles Lakers
6:30 PM Pacific time / 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Southwest (Dallas) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +1.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 3-10, 14th in the Western Conference
Denver Nuggets: 5-7, 11th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 0-3 versus the Nuggets last season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring)
Probable: Carlos Boozer (shoulder), Jeremy Lin (back)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Lakers are coming off a successful 3 game road trip where they finished 2-1; however, a little bit of the luster came off the trip with the 140-106 shellacking they received in their last game on Friday by the Dallas Mavericks.
- The Lakers have started off the season with a immensely tough schedule but they finally face an opponent that is a little closer to their talent level in the Denver Nuggets.
- The Nuggets were also off to a slow start like the Lakers but have won 3 games in a row including their 117-97 victory over Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday.
- Kobe Bryant currently lead the NBA in scoring with a 26.7 ppg average.
- Jordan Hill is now getting the playing time that he hasn’t been able to consistently receive so far in his career and is putting up respectable numbers as a result. Hill is nearly averaging a double-double with 14.2 ppg and 9.7 rpg.
- A player that the Lakers will want to keep their eye on is Kenneth Faried who killed them last season by averaging 23.3 points, 13 rebounds and shooting 63 percent from the field in 3 games.
- Ty Lawson also had his way with the Lakers last season, averaging 23 points and 12 assists in 3 games.
- The Denver Nuggets have a solid, deep team but no single player that is considered a star. Ty Lawson leads the team in scoring with 16.2 ppg and assists with 9.1 assists per game which also ranks tied for 3rd in the NBA.