Los Angeles Lakers at Atlanta Hawks
4:30 PM Pacific time / 7:30 PM Eastern Time
Phillips Arena in Atlanta, GA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports South (Atlanta) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 9
Los Angeles Lakers: 1-9, 15th (last) in the Western Conference
Atlanta Hawks: 5-4, 4th (tied) in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-1 versus the Hawks last season.
Out: Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg), Wayne Ellington (personal), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring)
Nick Young will make season debut tonight in Atlanta. Led Lakers last season with 17+ points per game.
— Bill Oram (@billoram) November 18, 2014
Out: DeMarre Carroll
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Lakers being a 3 game road trip in Atlanta today to play the Hawks then fly to Houston, Texas for a back-to-back against the Rockets on Wednesday.
- The Hawks are only 5-4 on the season but are undefeated in 4 games at home.
- The player that the Lakers will need to keep in check is Kyle Korver who in 2 game against the Lakers last season averaged 16.5 points 64.3 percent from the 3 point line; that high percentage was on high volume as well, averaging 4.5 makes on 7 attempts per game.
- This year the Hawks are being led by forward Paul Millsap who is averaging a team high 16.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
- The Hawks’ offense move the ball well and have good balance scoring as 6 players are currently averaging double figures. The Hawks team is 3rd in the NBA in assists per game.
- Kobe Bryant comes in as the NBA leading scorer at 27.3 points per game with Lebron James right behind him at 27.1 per game.
- Today the Lakers get an important piece to their team, Nick Young. From early reports Young is expected to come off the bench.
- Wayne Ellington is still out for today’s game as he handles a personal matter relating to his family but might return tomorrow for the game in Houston.