(Photo via www.rsvlts.com)
Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies
5:00 PM Pacific time / 8:00 PM Eastern Time
FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports South (Memphis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 9.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 1-5, tied for 14th (last) in the Western Conference
Memphis Grizzlies: 6-1, tied 1st in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Grizzlies last season.
Out: Nick Young (thumb), Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg)
Questionable: Ryan Kelly (Hamstring)
Lakers consider Ryan Kelly as questionable to play vs. Memphis http://t.co/esaNazJ9tt
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) November 11, 2014
Out: Nick Calathes (suspension),
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Lakers come into tonight’s game after their first win of the season, a 107-92 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday at Staples Center.
- 5 of the 6 top scorers (Meeks, Bazemore, Gasol, Brooks and YOung) against the Grizzlies from last season’s Lakers team are either no longer on the team or out due to injury.
- Kobe returns to Memphis where he fractured his knee last season on December 17, 2013. Kobe scored 21 points in a 96-92 win over the Grizzlies.
- The Grizzlies front line is a load with All-Stars Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. The talented twosome averaged a combined 34 points and 21.7 rebounds against the Lakers last season.
- The Grizzlies are the antithesis of what the Lakers team have been on defense this season. The Grizzlies rank 1st in opposition points per game (87.6), 6th in opponents field goal percentage (42.8), 1st in opponent free throw attempts and 3rd in defensive rating (92.6.) The Lakers rank last in the NBA in each of the aforementioned defensive categories.