(Photo via NBA.com)
Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports Arizona (Phoenix) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 6.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 0-4, 15th in the Western Conference
Phoenix Suns: 2-1, 8th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Suns last season (0-1 versus Suns this season.)
Out: Nick Young (thumb), Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg)
Probable: Ryan Kelly (Hamstring)
Ryan Kelly will play tonight
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) November 4, 2014
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Los Angeles Lakers are desperately searching for their first win and avoid their worst start in franchise history since the 1957-58 when the Lakers called Minneapolis home; the Minneapolis team started the season 0-7 in 1957-58.
- Byron Scott has preached defense but that has not yielded any results on that end of the floor as the Lakers rank toward the bottom in every defensive category in the league. Lakers rank 30th (last) in opposition points per game at 118.0, opponent field goal percentage at 50.5, plus/minus at -17.0 and defensive rating at 120.2
- The Phoenix Suns beat up the Purple and Gold pretty good in their first match up on October 29 in Phoenix. The Suns beat the Lakers 119-99, fueled by 23 points off the bench from Isaiah Thomas.
- Gerald Green loves playing the Lakers, a team he was cut by during preseason in 2011. Green scored just 4 points in their match earlier this season, but in 4 games against the Lakers last season he was dominant.
- Green averaged 18.8 points on 53.8 percent shooting from the field including 44.4 percent from deep in 4 games versus the Lakers last season. Green was especially aggressive from behind the 3 against the Lakers last season, averaging 3 makes on 6.8 3-point attempts per game.
- The Suns lost their last game, a 118-91 defeat to the Jazz in Utah on Saturday.