Los Angeles Lakers at Golden State Warriors
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA
Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area (Oakland)
National: NBA TV
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 12
Los Angeles Lakers: 0-3, 15th in the Western Conference
Golden State Warriors: 1-0, tied for 3rd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Warriors last season.
Out: Nick Young (thumb), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg)
Out: David Lee (hamstring)
Probable: Brandon Rush (back)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com and ESPN.com
- The Los Angeles Lakers play on the 2nd night of a back to back for the 2nd straight time. The Lakers have 16 back-to-backs this season which is tied for the least of all 30 NBA teams.
- Kobe Bryant is leading the Lakers in scoring with a 23.7 points per game average.
- There is a big drop off scoring-wise from Kobe to number 2 on the list Jordan Hill who is averaging 12 points per game; however, there is some balance as Lakers have 6 players total averaging double figures: Ed Davis 11.7, Carlos Boozer 10.0, Wayne Ellington 10.0 and Jeremy Lin 10.0.
- The Lakers have been having a hard time defending the 3-point shot in their first 3 games where teams are averaging 13.3 3-point makes per game and shooting 42.6 percent from 3.
- Defending the 3 will be very important tonight playing against Klay Thompson and the Warriors. Thompson averaged 22.5 points in 4 games against the Lakers last season which included 15 for 31 from 3.
- Last season the Warriors torched the Lakers from deep, averaging 12.3 makes out of 26.3 attempts from the 3-point line.