(Photo via lakersblog.latimes.com)
Los Angeles Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes, Prime Ticket (Los Angeles) National: ESPN
Line: Los Angeles Lakers + 12
Los Angeles Lakers: 27-55, 14th in the Western Conference (2014-15 record: 0-2 )
Los Angeles Clippers: 57-25, 3rd in the Western Conference (2014-15 record: 1-0 )
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers were 1-3 versus the Clippers last season.
Out: Nick Young (thumb), Ryan Kelly (Hamstring), Steve Nash (back), Julius Randle (leg).
Out: Glen Davis (Groin)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Los Angeles Lakers beat the Clippers on opening day last season by a score of 116-103; however, following that win the Clippers had their way against the Lakers, winning the next three match ups by an average margin of 35.6 points.
- The Lakers are off to an 0-2 start and its been ugly. The Lakers have lost their first 2 games by an average of 24 points.
- Kobe Bryant is leading the Lakers in scoring with an average of 25 points per game, but only shooting 40.5 percent from the field.
- The Lakers are shooting a putrid 39.4 percent from the field as a team so far this season. They have been far worse from behind the 3 point line where they are shooting 30.4 percent and have only attempted 23 three-point attempts in 2 games.
- Los Angeles Clippers pulled out a close 93-90 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder in their season opener Thursday night. The Thunder were without Kevin Durant who is out until early December with a foot injury. Russell Westbrook injured his hand during the Thursday’s game against the Clippers and will be out 4 to 6 weeks.
- Blake Griffin hit 2 clutch free throws to put the Clippers up by 3 with 5 seconds remaining. Griffin ended the night with a team high 23 points and 7 rebounds.
- Chris Paul followed Griffin for the scoring lead with 22 points on the night.
- Jamal Crawford came off the bench to score 16 points.