Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: None National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Clipper -13
Los Angeles Clippers: 57-25, 3rd in the Western Conference (2-6 in preseason)
Oklahoma City Thunder: 59-23, 2n in the Western Conference (2-5 in preseason)
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Clippers were 2-2 in the regular season and lost in the semi-finals of the NBA playoffs 4-2 to the Thunder.
Clippers: Spencer Hawes, Jordan Farmar, C.J. Wilcox (1014 1st round pick), Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ekpe Udoh, Jared Cunningham
Thunder: Mitch McGary (2014 1st round pick, 21st overall), Anthony Morrow, Sebastian Telfair, Lance Thomas
Out: Glen Davis (groin)
Probable: Jamal Crawford (hamstring)
Out: Kevin Durant (foot), Reggie Jackson (ankle), Jeremy Lamb (back), Grant Jerrett (ankle), Anthony Morrow (MCL Sprain), Mitch McGary (foot)
*injury updates via Rotoworld.com
- The Los Angeles Clippers open up their 2014-15 season against the team that ended their 2013-14 season in the playoffs, the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Clippers were eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs, 4-2, by the Thunder last season.
- The Clippers are heavy favorites in tonight’s game, 13 points as of noon on game day.
- Blake Griffin is coming off a great preseason scoring-wise where he averaged 23.4 points per game to lead the league.
- The Thunder will be without superstar Kevin Durant who is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks with a Jones fracture. The projected timeline would place his return around early December.
- Game 1 post Durant did not start well for the Thunder who lost their season opener on Wednesday to the Portland Trailblazers, 106-89.
- Russell Westbrook is expected to carry the offensive load while Durant is out scored 38 points on 11 for 26 shooting on Wednesday. Westbrook also registered 6 assists and 3 steals.
- The new Commish will make an appearance in tonight’s game.
Adam Silver will be at Clippers-Thunder game tonight.
— Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) October 30, 2014