( Photo: Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images)
The NBA announced the results of the voting for the 2013-2014 NBA MVP and as expected, Kevin Durant came out on top by a wide margin. Durant received 119 first place votes out of a possible 125.
Four time MVP Lebron James came in a distant second place and received the remaining 6 first place votes.
Blake Griffin of the Clippers was recognized for his spectacular statistical season and for keeping the team afloat while their leader, Chris Paul was out for an extended time with injury.
Here is how the voting went: (Total points and first place votes in parenthesis)
1. Kevin Durant / Thunder – 1232 (119)
2. Lebron James / Heat – 891 (6)
3. Blake Griffin / Clippers – 434
4. Joakim Noah / Bulls – 322
5. James Harden / Rockets – 85
6. Steph Curry / Warriors – 66
7. Chris Paul / Clippers – 45
If you would like to see the entire list of results and 125 voters selections click here or visit NBA.com.
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV