Los Angeles Lakers at Utah Jazz
6:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 PM Eastern Time
Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City, UT
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Root Sports (Salt Lake City) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +6
Los Angeles Lakers: 25-55, 14th in the Western Conference
Utah Jazz: 24-56, 15th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Jazz are 2-1 versus the Lakers this season.
- Tonight’s game might be one of the saddest in Los Angeles Lakers history. The winner of tonight’s game will actually hurt their franchise more than help it due to the fact that both the Lakers and Jazz are in a battle for NBA Draft Lottery positioning where the team with the worst record receive the higher, more favorable position in the draft lottery.
- If the Lakers can lose out in their remaining 2 games they will guarantee at least a share of the 4th spot in the lottery.
- The 4th spot in the NBA Draft Lottery earns a team an 11.9 percent chance of winning the top pick in the draft and a 37.8 percent chance of nabbing 1 of the to 3 picks.
- The Jazz have gotten a strong grasp at this whole tanking business; they’ve lost 15 of their last 17 games going into tonight’s game.
- The Lakers haven’t fared much better than the Jazz, they come in losers of 7 in a row and 9 of their last 10 games.
- Kendall Marshall has fallen off the face of the earth since his short burst of impressive stat lines earlier in the year. In the last 26 games, Marshall is averaging a putrid 5.2 points per game and shooting an abominable 32.7 percent from the field, 25 percent from behind the arc and 43.8 percent from the free throw line.
- Conversely, the Jazz’s young point guard, Trey Burke, is finishing his rookie season strong. In Burke’s last 17 games he is averaging 13.1 points, 6.2 assists and shooting 36 percent from the 3 point line.
Lakers Reporter’s Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV