Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comscast Sportsnet Bay Area (Oakland) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +9.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 25-53, 14th in the Western Conference
Golden State Warriors: 48-30, 6th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Warriors are 2-1 versus the Lakers this season
- The Golden State Warriors have yet to clinch a playoff spot and there is still an outside shot that they miss the playoffs altogether. Warriors are currently in the 6th spot in the West, but only 2 games ahead of Memphis who is sitting 9th and outside of the playoff picture at the moment. The Warriors will need to continue to win to finish out the year in order to secure a playoff spot.
- The Lakers have lost 5 in a row and 7 of their last 8 games. The Lakers only have 4 games remaining in the season before they can put to bed their worst season in Los Angeles Lakers history.
- David Lee has been out for Golden State and is unlikely to return until the start of the playoffs.
- While the Lakers as a team have played poorly, Nick Young and Jodie Meeks are closing out the season strong with individual performances. Nick Young is averaging 23.4 points in his last seven home games and Jodie Meeks is averaging 23.3 per game on 52.9 percent shooting from the field in his last four games.
- Lakers’ Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman, Kent Bazemore, Kobe Bryant, Xavier Henry and Steve Nash will all be out for tonight’s game.
Lakers Reporter’s Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV