(Photo: Getty Images)
Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles) National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +9.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 25-52, 14th in the Western Conference
Los Angeles Clippers: 51-25, 4th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Rockets are 2-1 versus the Lakers this season
- Only 5 games remain in the Lakers season and the final push to move up in the draft lottery continues.
- The Lakers are unlikely to fall any farther than the 6th spot in the lottery seeding, which is where they currently stand; the only other spot ahead of them within reach is the 5th spot which is currently held by the Utah Jazz who are just 1 game behind the Lakers. The Lakers and Jazz will play on April 14 in Utah.
- If the Lakers remain in the 6th spot, they will have 21.5 percent chance of getting one of top 3 picks and 6.3 percent chance of nabbing the 1st pick. By moving up to the 5th spot those chances increase to 29.1 and 8.8 percent respectively.
- With 1 more loss, this Lakers team will clinch the worst single season record in Los Angeles Lakers history which is held for the moment by the 1974-75 Lakers who went 30-52. That 1974-75 team was led by Lucius Allen and Gail Goodrich, but also included very familiar players such as current Lakers color commentator Stu Lantz, former Lakers head coach Pat Riley and Stan Love who is the father of UCLA’s and Minnesota Timberwolves, Kevin Love.
- Kent Bazemore has been declared out for the season with a torn foot tendon. Bazemore showed quite a bit of promise since coming over from Golden State earlier in the season; he averaged 13.1 points per game, shot a respectable 45.1 percent from the field and 37.1 percent from 3 in 23 games for the Lakers.
Lakers Reporter’s Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV