(Photo by Sam Forencich/NBAE via Getty Images)
Portland Trailblazers at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles) National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +8
Los Angeles Lakers: 25-48, 14th in the Western Conference
Portland Trailblazers: 48-27, 5th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season):Teams are tied 1-1 versus each other this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off a surprising 115-99 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Sunday. The Suns had won 8 of their last 9 games before losing to the Lakers on Sunday.
- This will be the first game of a back to back for the Lakers; they’ll play the Kings in Sacramento tomorrow night.
- The Portland Trailblazers come in riding a 3 game winning streak and holding on to the 5th spot in the Western Conference, just 1 loss difference from the 6th seeded Golden State Warriors.
- In the very competitive Western Conference, a team on pace to win over 50 games does not guarantee a playoff spot. While the Blazers are currently in the 5th seed, they are just 3 games ahead on the loss side of falling out of the playoff picture.
- LaMarcus Aldridge of the Blazers is probable for tonight’s game as he is nursing a sore back.
- The last time these 2 teams met, the Lakers put an end to Portland’s five-game winning streak with a 107-106 road victory on March 3. Pau Gasol led the team in scoring with 22 points and a Kent Bazemore alley-oop to Wesley Johnson put the Lakers ahead for good with just 6.9 seconds left in the game.
Lakers Reporter’s Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV