Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
5:00 PM Pacific time / 8:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Center in Minneapolis, MN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Fox Sports North (Minneapolis) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +11
Los Angeles Lakers: 24-47, 14th in the Western Conference
Minnesota Timberwolves: 35-35, 10th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Wolves are 2-1 versus the Lakers this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers had their 2 game winning streak snapped in Milwaukee last night, losing to the Bucks, 108-105.
- In terms of lottery draft positioning, the Lakers are still in 6th place (as in 6th worst record in the NBA) 1 game behind the Boston Celtics but with Sacramento and Detroit following closely behind.
- If the Lakers remain in the 6th slot for the lottery draft, they would have a 6.3 percent chance of getting the top pick and a 8.1 percent chance of nabbing one of the top 3 picks.
- Lakers fans get a chance to take a look at potential free agent to be in 2015, Wolves’ forward, Kevin Love. Love is having another spectacular season; he comes in averaging 26.3 points (4th in NBA) and 12.6 rebounds per game (3rd in NBA.)
- The two game winning streak of the Lakers did not impress odds makers, Lakers come in to tonight’s game against a 35-35 team as 11 point underdogs.
- The Wolves are in the 10th spot in the Western Conference and will miss the playoffs for the 10th straight year. The Wolves are in the unfortunate position of playing in the West where you’ll need to win close to 50 games to qualify for the post-season; whereas a .500 record like the Wolves would garner them a 7th seed in the East. In addition, an East heavy schedule would improve the Wolves record overall as they are 16-10 against the East this season. Point being, the Wolves are a better team than their 10th seed in the West would indicate.
- Wolves center, Nikola Pekovic, has missed the last 6 games due to a sore right ankle and is questionable for tonight’s game. Filling in for Pekovic has been rookie Gorgui Dieng and he has been impressive. Dieng is coming off of a 15 points and 15 rebounds game against the Atlanta Hawks. Dieng is averaging 12.6 points and 14.0 rebounds while shooting 59.2 percent in his six starts filling in for Pekovic.
Lakers Reporter’s Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Youtube.com/raining3sTV