Boston Celtics at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: ESPN
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -2
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-36, 14th in the Western Conference (tied for last with Sacramento)
Boston Celtics: 19-36, 12th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Lakers are 1-0 versus Celtics this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers will face a team today that mirrors their same struggles and plight of recent NBA champions to bottom of standing dwellers.
- The Lakers and Celtics combined record going in to tonight’s game is 37-72 which translates into a 33.9 winning percentage, per Elias Sports Bureau, is the lowest combined winning percentage that these 2 teams have ever compiled when facing each other in their history (not accounting for game where they met within the first 5 games of any season.)
- These two teams are actually fighting for positioning in the standings, but unlike the usual fight for playoff positioning by these two teams, its in the other direction for the coveted lottery pick position. Entering into tonight’s game, the Lakers are behind (or ahead depending on how you see it) the Celtics by half a game in the overall NBA standings which puts them 5th in the lottery standings. There isnt much difference in the odds to obtain the first pick in being ranked 5th or 6th; however, falling back just 1 spot could be the difference of nabbing the potential star player you desperately want or having to take a flyer on another player.
- The consensus top 6 in the upcoming draft are, in no particular order, Jabari Parker from Kentucky, Julius Randle from Kentucky, Marcus Smart from Oklahoma State, Dante Exum from Australia, Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins from Kansas.
- Lakers are in an epic swoon; they’ve lost 4 in a row and 11 of their last 13. Lakers got hammered by the Rockets on Wednesday, 130-108, in Dwight Howard’s 1st game back at Staples Center to face the Lakers.
- Celtics come in playing slightly better than the Lakers, having only lost 2 in a row and 3 of their last 4 games.
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter