Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: ESPN
Line: Not available as of 7am
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-35, 14th in the Western Conference (tied with Sacramento)
Houston Rockets: 36-17, 3rd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Teams are tied at 1-1 versus each other this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers have both figuratively and literally hit rock bottom. They will start the 2nd part of the NBA season as the worse team, record-wise, in the Western Conference, tied with the Sacramento Kings at 18-35. Currently, there are 3 other teams that have a worse record than the Lakers and all reside in the East.
- Lakers have lost 3 in a row and 10 of their last 12. They had completed a successful 2 and 1 road trip and thought they would carry that momentum into their 6 game home stand, but they’ve lost all 3 thus far.
- Conversely, the Houston Rockets come into Staples Center red like their jerseys hot, having won 7 games in a row and 13 of their last 16 games. The Rockets have shot up the standings and are currently 3rd in the Western Conference, 5 games back on the loss side behind the first place Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Dwight Howard returns to Staples Center to face the Lakers for the first time since leaving the franchise and unfortunately for the Lakers, he comes in playing well. During the Rockets 7 game streak, Dwight is averaging 24.7 points , 12.1 rebounds, 2.1 blocks and shooting 60.0 percent from the field . Howard should get booed mercilessly by the home crowd, but in the end, he has the upper hand, playing well and on a team that is surging in the West.
- The Lakers are the Rockets first stop of a 5 game road trip.
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:Tweets by @lakersreporter