Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), ROOT Sports (Salt Lake City) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -1.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-33, 13th in the Western Conference
Utah Jazz: 17-33, 14th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Teams are tied at 1-1
- The Los Angeles Lakers had their mini 2 game winning streak snapped against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday, losing 92-86, in their first of 6 straight home games.
- The Lakers and Jazz come in with almost identical records, only 1 more win on the Lakers side separates the two teams in the standings. If you are a fan of tanking to get a higher draft pick, the loser of this game will get an edge as they will fall a 1/2 game in the standings and fall behind in the head to head match up, 1-2.
- The Lakers beat the Jazz earlier in January at Staples, 110-99. Pau Gasol dominated the Jazz, scoring a game high 23 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and had 8 assists. Kendall Marshall was the offensive leader in the back court, scoring 20 points and a game high 15 assists.
- In their last match up against the Lakers, the Jazz were led by Gordon Hayward who led the team with 22 points on 8 of 16 from the field and dished out 6 assists. Hayward was accurate from behind the 3 in the game, going 4 for 6 against the Lakers perimeter defense.
- Lakers Injury Report: The Lakers will be without Xavier Henry (knee), Kobe Bryant (knee), Jordan Farmar (hamstring). Jodie Meeks (ankle), Nick Young (knee) and Pau Gasol (groin.) Steve is listed as probable for tonight’s game.
- Utah Jazz Injury Report: Trey Burke (back) is listed as probable for tonight’s game.
Lakers Reporter Twitter Feed:
Tweets by @lakersreporter
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”