Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics
4:30 PM Pacific time / 7:30 PM Eastern Time
TD Garden in Boston, MA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes (Los Angeles), Comcast Sportsnet Northeast (Boston) National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +7
Los Angeles Lakers: 14-25, 14th in the Western Conference
Boston Celtics: 14-26, 12th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2013-14 season): Teams have not matched up this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have lost 6 in a row and 12 of their last 13 games. They have fallen to 14th place in the Western Conference and are just 1 game and 1/2 ahead of the Utah Jazz from the bottom of the conference.
- The Lakers will be without Nick Young who was suspended for 1 game as a result of his open hand punch to the side of Goran Dragic’s head in Wednesday nights incident with the Phoenix Suns. Young was hit hard in the head by Suns’ rookie center, Alex Len, who was trying to foul to prevent an easy basket by Young.
- The short handed Lakers in desperate need of back court bodies signed guard Manny Harris from the D-League. Harris was averaging 30.6 points in 13 games for the D-Fenders.
- The Lakers aren’t getting any breaks on this trip. Rajon Rondo appears to be ready to return and has chosen tonight’s game against the Lakers to make his debut. Rondo hasn’t seen action since January 25th in a game against the Atlanta Hawks. Rondo finished the game but later found that he had tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”