San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Lakers
6:30 PM Pacific time / 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: None
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +3.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 43-37, 8th in the Western Conference
San Antonio Spurs: 58-21, 2nd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Series tied 1-1 this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers make their quest to the playoffs without Kobe Bryant following the news that he is out for the season due to the torn achilles tendon he suffered in Friday’s win against the Golden State Warriors. The Lakers are 1-1 this season without Kobe, and 2-1 if you include the win at Indiana where Kobe only played the 12 minutes in the first quarter.
- The Lakers are still in a battle with the Utah Jazz for the 8th and final playoff spot. The Lakers go into tonight’s game with a one game lead and 2 games to play for both teams. The Lakers magic number is 2 and any win or Jazz loss decreases their magic number. The Utah Jazz are off tonight but will play in Minneapolis tomorrow to face the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- There is still an outside shot that the Lakers can catch the Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors for the 7th seed. The Lakers are currently 2 losses back of both the Warriors and Rockets. The Houston Rockets have 3 games remaining, starting with the Sacramento Kings tonight at home. The Warriors have two games remaining: at home versus the San Antonio Spurs on Monday, then close out the year in Portland against the Portland Trailblazers.
- Steve Nash will miss his 7th straight game due to a strained hamstring.
- It was reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports that the Lakers might sign former guard Andrew Goudelock from the D-League. It is unclear if Goudelock would qualify to play in the postseason for the Lakers.
Lakers expected to sign their former guard Andrew Goudelock late Sunday morning and could make him available for Spurs game, source tells Y!
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) April 14, 2013
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”