Los Angeles Lakers at Sacramento Kings
7 PM Pacific time / 10 PM Eastern Time
Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -1.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 37-36, 9th in the Western Conference
Sacramento Kings: 27-46, 12nd in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 2-1 vs. Kings this season
- The Los Angeles Lakers have lost 3 of their last 4 games and have dropped out of playoff positioning with the Utah Jazz‘s 105-95 win last night against the Portland Trailblazers. The Lakers are tied with the Utah Jazz at 37-36, but the Utah Jazz take sole claim of the 8th and final playoff spot by winning the season over the Lakers 2-1.
- Kobe Bryant is listed a probable for tonight’s game with a bone spur in his left foot and Steve Nash is listed as questionable with hip and hamstring injuries.
- Kobe Bryant has averaged 29.6 points and 6 assists per game since returning from injury 4 games ago, but has had 6 turnovers in 3 of those 4 games.
- Dwight Howard appears to be fully recovered from his back surgery. Dwight is on a current string of 12 straight double-doubles and is averaging 19 points and 15 rebounds in that stretch.
- The Sacramento Kings have toiled through most of this NBA season, but have played improved ball. The Kings have won 4 of their last six and come in on a 2 game winning streak, with both wins coming on the road.
- The Lakers face another young and athletic team that likes to get out in the open court. The Kings rank 6th in the NBA with 16.5 fastbreak points per game and have led the league in scoring over the last 10 games at 109.4 points per game.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”