Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
5 PM Pacific time / 8 PM Eastern Time
Target Center in Minneapolis, MN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -5
Los Angeles Lakers: 36-35, 8th in the Western Conference
Minnesota Timberwolves: 25-44, 12th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers are 2-0 over the Wolves this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have won 21 straight games against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The last Wolves win against the Lakers came on March 6th, 2007, when Kevin Garnett still sported a Wolves jersey.
- The Lakers will be without Metta World Peace for tonight’s game and likely out for the season after it was reported that he suffered a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee. Chase Budinger of the Minnesota Timberwolves also suffered a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee back on November 10th. Chase didn’t see action until 4 months of recovery time later when he made his return recently on March 21st against the Sacramento Kings. Chase will be in the line up tonight for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- The Lakers have seemed to lost all of the momentum they built after having won 19 of their last 26 just prior to losing the last 3 games. The Lakers are now 4 losses back of both the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors making any seed higher than 8 almost unattainable. The Lakers will have to settle for the final playoff spot but they’ll be challenged by the Utah Jazz and Dallas Mavericks until the conclusion of the regular season.
- The Los Angeles Clippers didn’t help the Lakers cause last night after losing to the Dallas Mavericks, 109-102. The win placed the Mavericks in a tie with the Utah Jazz for 9th place in the Western Conference and just 1 game back of the Lakers for the 8th and final playoff spot.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”